Here’s an awesome recipe for roasted broccoli and cauliflower that is quick to make and tastes great. Serve this with a piece of lean meat for a well-balanced, fitness approved meal.
Makes: 4 Servings
Here’s what you need…
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 bunch cauliflower
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- dash of sea salt
- dash of pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- Wash the broccoli and cauliflower heads and then pat dry. It’s important to dry thoroughly so that it will roast properly. Cut into small florets.
- In a medium bowl combine the florets, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic cloves. Toss until well combined and then spread over the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven once the florets are tender with crispy bottoms.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the cooked florets and serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis: 160 calories, 4g fat, 98mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 4g protein